Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First go at imaging with C9’25

recceranger

Used the SCT the other night, guided on the AZEQ6. Using the 50mm I was really surprised at how effective the guiding was via PHD2 software. Error of around 0.70 to 0.90 was the average. The AZEQ6 was well up to the task. The C9’25 collimation is ever so slightly out, but I’ll correct this prior to next session. It’s fairy straightforward. 

I took several images and the close ups of smaller DSO was superb. But I was particularly impressed with M13😃

B0AAF449-60A8-4AAB-AAB7-4E2FCADAD145.jpeg

• Like 3

It’s a great scope and just on the right side of being manageable, both physically and in focal length. You’re never going to get the crisp clarity of an APO refractor, but when precisely collimated it’ll be pretty close. I to a few frames of M51 using the D7500 and it was good. If I had just give a bit more attention to focusing and tweaked the collimation it would have been much sharper. But it gives you an idea of the scopes reach. 

39AF75F5-AF60-4C95-BEA7-6CFD2991A205.jpeg