Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Possible Windows 10 issues

Is anyone else suddenly getting issues, usually all my kit in plug in and get on with things, but last 2 nights camera will not connect then comes up as usb2 only (rather than 3),  mount connects but sharpcap reports that its not, phd wont find the guide cam and dont even start on the focus unit!!! Tested during the day today and everything worked minus the main camera still usb2, tonight nothing again!  I cleared out the USB ports via device manager and let everything reconnect so now no idea where to go next, any thoughts???

As these are all USB connections, how are they connected to the laptop/PC? Is each device connected directly to a USB port on laptop/PC or via a USB hub?

If it's a USB hub, is it powered and how long is the connection between the laptop/PC & the mount?

Have you tried different USB cables/hub?

main imaging camera on its own USB 3 cable, rest (filter wheel, focus unit, mount and guide cam) via the built in hub on a CEM 60 via USB 2, all worked fine every time for the last year and suddenly now all playing up, cables are all relatively new lindy chromo but as I said never had an issue till last night, filter wheel wont even index, PHD connects to guide camera but then doesn't get a picture, sharpcap reports mount isn't there but still controls it

GOT THERE! both cables appear to be damaged internally, my fault for leaving them out with 3 kids and 2 dogs in the garden, was a weird one due to what i was seeing, new shorter cables ordered and going to have to find a better way to position the laptop for imaging, more evidence towards the need for an obsy!!!! although guess i will need to go through a lot more cables before i can justify that one

• Like 1