Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nikon 10x50 Action Binoculars

Stardaze

I've been using my new pair of these for a few weeks now and initial impressions are very positive. My 10 year old pair of 10x42 Bushnells weren't too shabby, though the right sided focus wheel won't quite focus, very close but not quite.

So the first obvious things of improvement were the extra brightness and the extra degree of field. I wouldn't say that there's a massive step up from my Bushnells in terms of IQ . Getting used to the handling of porros has taken a little time, over the roof prisms, but although they are physically larger, the weight is very similar, the holding is slightly different to me.

There's two elements that I am still getting used to though. The first being the roll up eye cups. I'm not a spectacle wearer and so I have them fully extended. They could do with clicking into position a little tighter, I find that they do seem to move down on occasion. My biggest gripe at the moment seems to be with marking the front elements. I can't seem to work out how this is happening. It must be the rubber caps, but I am being very careful and have recently resorted to putting them back on when back inside with good light. I have had to clean a small mark from a front element most evenings following some viewing, which is most odd. I'm quite careful with handling so something isn't quite right there. The caps are very secure however and do take a little pressure to insert them back in.

• Like 1