Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sky-Watcher NEQ 6 star ,

Sky-Watcher NEQ 6 ,star alignment mount goes the opposite direction of the star I pick . Put all the right data in try yes & no to daylight savings,still mount goes in the opposite direction of the star I pick . Not used a Sky-Watcher mount before so new to the hobby.

42 minutes ago, Mark ashfield said:

Sky-Watcher NEQ 6 ,star alignment mount goes the opposite direction of the star I pick . Put all the right data in try yes & no to daylight savings,still mount goes in the opposite direction of the star I pick . Not used a Sky-Watcher mount before so new to the hobby.

Hello and welcome to SGL. The main causes of star alignment failure are incorrect input of the date, time and coordinates. If  you have and android phone you should download SynscanInit2 which will give you the information in the correct format. DST on/off will only put you 15 degrees out of alignment so we could rule that out. The other probable cause is that the mount wasn't placed in the correct home position before star alignment was initiated. The mount needs to start from a known position (home) which is normally counterweight bar pointing straight down and telescope pointing at the north celestial pole.

Hi put my lay & log in at 155 55W & 52 41 N. That’s for Ws72be Burntwood Staffordshire. Put the time in has is on my poler app Hours minutes  seconds BST . Time zone 0000 daylight saving has yes . Use iPhone so can’t get the app . Regards mark.

44 minutes ago, Mark ashfield said:

Hi put my lay & log in at 155 55W & 52 41 N. That’s for Ws72be Burntwood Staffordshire. Put the time in has is on my poler app Hours minutes  seconds BST . Time zone 0000 daylight saving has yes . Use iPhone so can’t get the app . Regards mark.

155 55 W 52 41N is somewhere on the far side of the earth (in the Pacific I think). The centre of Burntwood Staffs is 001 56W  52 41N 

Latitude and Longitude Finder on Map Get Coordinates (latlong.net)