NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mounting options

Good day all,

I recently acquired a Atik 314L+ mono camera, is it possible to connect this to a 135mm camera lens ( m42 fitting ) ?
If so, what adapter/fitting would i require for that, which then brings me onto the question - once lens is connected to camera what mounting options would i need to consider/purchase as there is no tripod collar or fittings on either lens or camera? i would also like to give it a try on my portable tracker ( Vixen Polarie ) 

Any thoughts, hints, or tips would be appreciated

Thanks

Lens tripod adapters that clamp around the lens are available allowing it to be fixed directly to a camera tripod ( anything that takes a similar bolt --- tube ring etc ) are readily available.

The camera should be threaded with T2 threads ( 42mm x 0.75mm ), the lens is M42 ( 42mm x 1.0mm ) , adapters from T2 to M42 again are readily available.

Spacers may be required, both M42 & T2 type are again available and the tripod adapter could alternatively be clamped to this.

• Like 1