NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Please. Clarification on SXD2 and SB Ten

Fedele

Hi.
I want to buy a SXD2 SNTen. I ask for your clarifications regarding a bit of confusion I have about the product:

1) Is SB ten completely controlled with both an RS232c cable and an Ethernet cable via the supplied Lan port? or Lan is usefull only for upgrade?
3) can I use RS232c and ethernet at the same time for control?
4) Do you know a long RS232C CABLE (the maximum possible length for the standard, that I know of 15m) that works well?
5) My idea is to work for now via ethernet from a PC in my house, leaving the telescope out. Subsequently I would like to integrate the SB Ten and therefore the SXD2 in an ASIAIR PRO network. Is this possible by having complete control of everything through ASIAIR? or do I have to have two networks and two controls?
Thank you

Edited by Fedele

correct me if im wrong!

I think it depends on how you want to connect the mount and asiair.  For eqmod (direct through usb) you are probably better out using the synta mounts.  For non eqmod control (through rs232) it must be possible to use the asiair and vixen mounts. 

The asiair pro will solve all your connection problems i assume.  Dont worry about cable lengths.  Just plug in all the devices you have, camera, focuser, mount etc, and get in the house, close the door and try to get as horizontal as possible on the couch with your iphone or ipad.   

Edited by Robindonne

On 22/03/2021 at 12:17, pete_gamby said:

The Starbook TEN does not have an RS232C port, only ST4 and Ethernet.

Vixen provided an ASCOM driver for the Starbook:

https://global.vixen.co.jp/en/update/star_book_ten_ascom/

It seems that ZWO supports Vixen mounts directly as well (according to the ZWO website at least).

Thx for clearing up😜

On 22/03/2021 at 11:17, pete_gamby said:

The Starbook TEN does not have an RS232C port, only ST4 and Ethernet.

I think it does?

IMG_7003.JPG

It's a gorgeous mount (SXD2) and the only fault I can find with Starbook Ten so far is it's too close to my rubbish eyes. 

Edited by osbourne one-nil