Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heart and Soul

old_eyes

OK.

My first SHO narrowband image. My first mosaic. My first use of Starnet, and a number of other minor firsts.

Data taken on Pier 14 at Roboscopes in Spain. 30x 240 sec Ha, OIII and SII for each of two panels. FSQ106 reduced with ZWO ASI 6200 MM Pro camera. Processed in Pixinsight. Image reduced by one quarter.

Be gentle!

Mosaic_LHE.thumb.png.1390907e060314f96cd04c81929874c8.png

• Like 6

Very nice - really tight stars - and love the framing.

My personal preference is to remove the green in an SHO image (SCNR on the inverted image followed by SCNR on the re-inverted image and then play around with ColourSaturation) but that said your image has a real vibrance to it with lots of structure coming through.

Thanks for sharing.

Adrian

It is a great image and you've collected some great data but what is happening is that your Ha is overwhelming the other signals. The SCNR will do a part of the trick but I recommend this video also which was helpful in learning to get my O3 data to pop (the same principles apply for the S2 data as well):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M3zB7-Llhw&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=RockyMountainAstro

--Ram

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, old_eyes said:

I will try reducing green with SCNR.

Hi. This is my version just using SCNR and then boosting the saturation. I'm no expert and I appreciate there are much more complete and thorough methods for doing this but this "cheating method" at least gives you a feel for what might be lurking in the data.

Good luck.

Adrian

Mosaic_LHE-aa-sat.tiff

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

Hi. This is my version just using SCNR and then boosting the saturation. I'm no expert and I appreciate there are much more complete and thorough methods for doing this but this "cheating method" at least gives you a feel for what might be lurking in the data.

Good luck.

Adrian

Mosaic_LHE-aa-sat.tiff 19.05 MB · 2 downloads

Thank you. I’ll have a bash myself over the weekend.

• Like 1