Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Whale and the Crowbar

mackiedlm

AKA The herring and the Hockey-stick!!

A disappointing night last night with high haze really knocking things back - I think thats why I've got so little of the "tidal tail" of the crowbar. But never mind, It was a clear enough sky to get an image.Whale_Galaxy_Final_sp.thumb.png.6074d7a358163c2514adbeeb2515e060.png

This is around 4 hrs of 180s subs with the Evostar 80ED and the ASI2600mc

C&C Appreciated.

• Like 19

41 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Nice, you did well to get anything. I gave up about 22:30 as the haze was ruining my data. Same conditions here again tonight so I didn't bother setting up.

I had 3 hours on the tadpoles up to about 11.30 which is unusable and was about to to throw in the towel when it seemed to clear a bit and thats when I got the whale. Completely overcast up here tonight. Its ben an awful run of bad sky's since the beginning of the year.

Happy Paddys day!

You did well - very nice edition there! Managed 23:00-01:30 myself until it clouded over. Of course, it was perfectly clear again later but I'd packed up at that stage. Nothing in the forecast for the next week. Very happy to get anything at all.