NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M13

Rustang

Ive been wanting to hit this target again since my first attempt in 2019 which was in my first year of astrophotography. Its definitely an improvement and for what is a pretty short integration RGB image, its come out pretty nice. I'm looking forward to adding more data as the year goes on.

RGB - 1hr 20mins each channel, 300 sec subs.

SW80 ED DS PRO, HEQ5 PRO, QHY9 CCD, Baader RGB filters.

FirstClusterPeg.jpg

2019Cluster.jpg

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 12

Big improvement I would say.

On my screen there is a slight green cast which I just removed in PI and M13 pops out even more.

I've never managed a GC that I was pleased with - I think they are the hardest objects to image - you've got an excellent result.

Adrian

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adreneline said:

Big improvement I would say.

On my screen there is a slight green cast which I just removed in PI and M13 pops out even more.

I've never managed a GC that I was pleased with - I think they are the hardest objects to image - you've got an excellent result.

Adrian

Thank you, it was worth staying out till 4:30am! It was a little tricky to process, I got there second time round. Colour wise, its difficult with screens being so different to notice color casts, it always looks better on my computer screen than on my phone! :)

Ive removed the green cast from the above image.

Edited by Rustang

1 minute ago, Rustang said:

Colour wise, its difficult with screens being so different to notice color casts, it always looks better on my computer screen than my phone!

Tell me about it! I find it frustrating all the differences between PCs, Macs, iDevices that I have.

I hope you don't mind but I took you image into Affinity and used the colour picker to sample around the background space and pretty well everywhere the G value was slightly in excess of R and B - not by much but enough to give the cast I could see on my screen - so I used SCNR in PI to remove it.

With or without the cast it's a great image. I love GC's but I'm rubbish at imaging them - or processing them - or both!

Thanks for sharing.

Adrian

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Adreneline said:

Tell me about it! I find it frustrating all the differences between PCs, Macs, iDevices that I have.

I hope you don't mind but I took you image into Affinity and used the colour picker to sample around the background space and pretty well everywhere the G value was slightly in excess of R and B - not by much but enough to give the cast I could see on my screen - so I used SCNR in PI to remove it.

With or without the cast it's a great image. I love GC's but I'm rubbish at imaging them - or processing them - or both!

Thanks for sharing.

Adrian

Not a problem at all, it all helps! 👍