NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Orion Optics UK Telescope N 250/1200 CT10 Carbon OTA

Hello

I have been thinking about buying a new tube for a long while as my Skywatcher MN 190 constantly disappoints me, sometimes it's good sometimes all goes to the bin.
Been looking at "Orion Optics UK Telescope N 250/1200 CT10 Carbon OTA"

My aim is for DSO photos only, mostly with a ZWO ASI 1600MM Pro  
I live in a little light polluted area and we almost all the time has some kind of haze here.
This tube is fast f/4,8 so I think that it will be good for me and my location and the price tag is within my reach.

Can't seems to find pictures taken with tube, maybe I am just not looking at the right place.

Anyone whom has some experience to share on this one?

11 hours ago, DaveS said:

Not directly of that OTA, but my OOUK ODK12 took about 8 months from order to delivery.

It's a good 'scope, just be prepared for a wait.

8 Months, that is respect, I can imagine your frustration if you did not know this before the purchase. Good info as it is always better to know then spending hours, days and weeks worrying if you will have the scope or not.

Thanks Dave

So now it is up to me to decide. 

I knew there would be a long wait, but wasn't worried, as I had a house move looming, and would be building an obsy. For someone in a hurry, yes it could be a deal-breaker.