Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pier Plate adaptor fot the NEWER SW AZEQ6 Pro mounts?

oymd

Can you please recommend a pier plate for the SW AZEQ6 Pro? The newer ones?

I have seen this on Altair's website, but it only mentions the EQ6?

https://www.altairastro.com/skywatcher-celestron--ioptron-pier-adapter-rocc-442-p.asp

Also, any chance of a CAD drawing of the actual dimensions of the plate needed for said mount, as I need to have this done abroad at a remote site? Would help to know dimensions and bolt types and sizes?

Lastly, is it true that it is NOT IMPORTANT to have the top of the pier perfectly level and horizontal?

Thanks

I have an older AZEQ6 which uses the EQ6 pier adapter, I have not seen anything to indicate the latest version has any difference in the mounting point.

As to the levelling:

Strictly speaking the pier head does not have to be perfectly level, that's why there are adjusters on the mount to perfect the polar alignment. However, it is better to have it as good as possible since this makes the adjustments easier especially with the new PA software. In a new build the phrase 'Why not make it level' would come to mind.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StevieDvd said:

I have an older AZEQ6 which uses the EQ6 pier adapter, I have not seen anything to indicate the latest version has any difference in the mounting point.

As to the levelling:

Strictly speaking the pier head does not have to be perfectly level, that's why there are adjusters on the mount to perfect the polar alignment. However, it is better to have it as good as possible since this makes the adjustments easier especially with the new PA software. In a new build the phrase 'Why not make it level' would come to mind.

so basically any pier plate that works for the EQ6 works for the AZEQ 6? They are identical?

On FLO, there is a diagram for the EQ8 plate, and for the CEM120. How can I get a similar diagram for the AZEQ6?

I will need to send the schematic to a shop to have it machined abroad?