Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AzGTi and Android 11 - update alert

Gfamily

Be warned that there's an issue with some Skywatcher Android app software, that means the current version won't work with Android 11, and because of an unnamed issue it will not update via Google Play Store.

One of these is the the SynScan app used to manage the AzGTi

If your phone is likely to update to Android 11, you will have to visit the Skywatcher website to get the apk to download and install on your phone.

I believe this issue also affects the SAM Console software if you have a Star Adventurer. Similarly, that software is available on the website. 

http://www.skywatcher.com/download/software/

Edited by Gfamily
Add link to SW download site
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, LeeHore7 said:

Thank you, I generally use my old smart phone to control my az gti mount so won't let that one update to android 11. Also when I get my sear adventurer with the Sam console app. Thanks again, clear skies 

My experience has been that my old phones don't get offered updates - so yours may not be offered 11 anyway. 

And downloading the APK direct from Skywatcher is always an option. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...