NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Just ordered my first scope

After a lot of back and forth, reading reviews and looking at various scopes etc. I finally settled on the Orion Starseeker IV 130.  Not much else to say except it feels pretty exciting! Now all I need is a clear night...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, wibblefish said:

Congratulations! Takes a lot of deliberation I found 😎 Hope you get clear skys soon and let us know how you get on!

Cloudy skies here for all of next week unfortunately but next week should be better. Will let you know how it goes 

48 minutes ago, Tiny Clanger said:

That was a long gestation period, hope the delivery goes well ! 🙂

Indeed it was, the one thing that held me up was the non collimateble primary mirror on those scopes, Although after speaking to and reading from people who've owned these scopes I feel more assured. Happy with my choice.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spier24 said:

Cloudy skies here for all of next week unfortunately but next week should be better. Will let you know how it goes 

Been there I got mine early Nov last year it was a long 2 1/2 weeks for first light!

• Like 1