Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

California SHO

alexbb

I've been mostly collecting data only lately, all waiting to be processed.

I wanted to acquire more OIII on this from a dark site, but with the current COVID restrictions (it is forbidden to be out after 23) I abandoned the idea and instead I'm shooting something else.

So I'm calling the latest rendition the final one.

Fortunately, light collecting happens faster with a dual scope setup.

You can find gear details and watch at higher resolution @astrobin.

California-SHO.jpg

• Like 24

That really is fabulous! I noticed from your Astrobin that you used to image with a 200/1200 newt, do you still use it at all? I've just started using mine for DSO imaging and it seems to work pretty well so far with not too much coma (for me anyway)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MartinB said:

That is absolutely superb, beautifully processed.

3 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

That really is fabulous! I noticed from your Astrobin that you used to image with a 200/1200 newt, do you still use it at all? I've just started using mine for DSO imaging and it seems to work pretty well so far with not too much coma (for me anyway)

Thank you, Margin and Craig!

I sold the 200/1200 newton. At F/6 I never had issues with it, but it was too large for me to handle lately. I want to travel more so I downsized my gear. The bulkiest setup I use now is a dual 102 F/7 refractor setup on a GEM45. Also the EQ6-R went away, but I don't regret it compared to the GEM45 which is much lighter and more precise.