Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

CdC Problem

Has anyone else seen this issue with the CdC menus?

I have:

Run a deep virus scan - no issues found.

Downloaded and re-installed CdC, but the problem remains.

I thought it could be a FONT problem on my laptop, but then I would expect to see the same issue with all the menu tabs.  As you can see, File; Telescope; Update all look fine.

Thanks

John

CdC_Issue.jpg.ec283731d0fbc6b374178216de5f4d4f.jpg

Edited by Starwiz

There are strange characters in your alt/azi position too. Looks like an encoding or language issue to me. Perhaps a partly translated foreign language selected in CdC (Setup > General > Language)?

1 hour ago, Waddensky said:

There are strange characters in your alt/azi position too. Looks like an encoding or language issue to me. Perhaps a partly translated foreign language selected in CdC (Setup > General > Language)?

19 minutes ago, malc-c said:

Possessed by aliens :)

In addition to the above, check your language settings in the OS - Google "Unicode settings" 

Thanks both!

I identified it as a font from the Nirmala UI font family, Malayalam from the Indian sub-continent.  For reasons unknown, this was set to the default language in CdC and I have no idea why???  It was only in CdC as none of my other applications have been affected and uninstalling and re-installing CdC didn't solve it.

I ticked the en - English box, then applied the settings and it seems to have solved the problem.

438656603_CdCLanguageSettings.thumb.jpg.466e2b67b14cbecdaf1ed6678001f355.jpg

• Like 1