SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M42 nebula with a 200P DOB

Kon

Despite the bright moon, I though I would give it another go imaging M42 with my 200P DOB for fun. Prime focus using Nikon D3200, 180 frames at 0.5s, iso 800. Stacked in Siril and some stretching in Gimp. No tracking or guiding. A tiny bit of star trailing but quite pleased with the result. I would love if you girls and boys would have a play with my data and see if you can pull out some more data (in my eyes I can see there's more data but I seem to make a mess of them when I change things; sorry I am not an AP but having a bit of fun). I have attached the stacked tiff file. Thanks!

orion-270221.jpeg

orion-270221.tif

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Chefgage said:

Downloaded the Tiff to have a go in GIMP but GIMP would not open the Tiff for some reason (same goes for trying to open the Tiff in DSS).

Thanks for trying to take a look. My Gimp version complains that it cannot handle an 16-bit tiff but 8 should be ok but it converts it. Does this version work?

orion-270221-2.tif

Edited by Kon