SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Quick observing on 22-2-21 in North Cornwall

AstroNebulee

I've just come in from a quick imaging and observing session from the communal area behind my flat. It has been beautifully sunny, clear and no wind all day, until I got home from work, when it decided to cloud over with high and intermittent mid level cloud. I thought typical that, but it must of been great for our solar imagers though, so I hope they enjoyed a good long imaging session as they've been few and far between. I looked out the window and watched the bands of cloud forming southwards, with the winds picking up and thought to myself shall I even bother to set up. In the end I did set up my skymax 127 az gti and whilst it cooled I connected my zwo camera, fired up the laptop ready for imaging the moon. The wind was buffeting at times but I did manage a bit of imaging. With the zwo asi120mc-s in prime focus I toured (excuse my spellings) sinus Iridum with the jeweled pan handle just past its best, then down to coppernicus, reinhold and lansberg, the carpathian mountains, onto mare humorun, gassendi was just showing its Eastern ridge and the central peak glimmering a touch, to bullialdus, then down to the southern highlands with tyco, Clavius, longomontanus and maginus. The southern highlands never fail to impress me. Then I set up my dslr to take full disc images as the cloud buiokt up even more. So I though let's try a bit of visual with my hyperflex zoom 7.2-21.5mm on some easy doubles, I viewed castor, mintaka. Then iota Cancri which I've never seen before and looked beautiful with the orange and blue coloured double such a contrasting pair. Sorry if this is along winded report especially on the moon which isn't everyone's friend but I've enjoyed imaging the Moon and ticking off the Lunar 200 whilst I can't image deep sky. I hope others have enjoyed their sessions tonight if clear skies appeared and the solar imagers during the day. 

• Like 5