NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Crescent - A real life nightmare!

Eddie

Hi folks,

Decided to have a go at re-processing my crescent shot from last June. I never was happy with it then, as I had rushed the processing at the time. (Well butchered it really!) Not too sure with the reprocess, but it is driving me nuts so here it is!!

Eddie

Original

ngc6888_original.jpg

Reprocess

ngc6888_re_small.jpg

Beautiful Eddie. What a shame you had to take the picture on such a cloudy night............errrr.......

Seriously, I think we should save up and get you a set of RGB filters, these widefields would just be jaw droppingly gorgeous in technicolor. You have any plans for that?

Thanks for redoing it, its funny how the images haunt you eh?

I can't help with any constructive advice Eddie, but I can understand why this area is giving you a headache, there is so much in there to contend with.

You've set yourself a challenge I think, but you will no doubt crack it eventually. You took your time getting back to it from June. :(

The Crescent is plainly seen in both the original, and the rework. It seems only the brighter stars have changed in the latter image.

Ron. :)

Archived