NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Orion- First image...

scotty38

Here you go my, this is my first image from the second time of using my setup. Other than creating an image with the competition data this is only my second attempt at processing some data, albeit this time my own.  Obviously I have a long way to go but given I'd never even looked through a telescope until a few weeks ago I'm happy for now 😀

I spent the first hour or so trying to get things focused and a sequence set up. I tried my free trial of SGP first but wasn't happy so moved to APT but couldn't sort the guiding for some reason but then managed to get it all together with NINA and this is what I ended up with stacked and processed a bit in Affinity Photo.

Orion.jpg

• Like 6

On 19/02/2021 at 12:50, shropshire lad said:

Can you tell us your equipment and setting for this please.

Yep sure it was:

William Optics GT81 with Flat 6AIII

ZWO ASI 294MC-Pro

WO 50mm guide scope

ZWO ASI120mm guide camera

AZ-EQ6 mount

10 x 300 seconds lights

10 x 300 seconds darks

10 x bias

The exposure was just a guess and I didn't even carry out  a test as I'd spent so much time getting set up I just wanted to get on with it. With hindsight I could have gone a fair bit shorter.

Software used was:

Sharpcap Pro

Astap

PHD2

Cartes du Ciel

NINA

Affinity Photo