NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Aborted Astro Sessions

Carl Au

My advise is don't do it, it's not a good idea and I can speak from experience. I sold a 10 inch OO dob, a ED120 on what I still think is a really nice AZ mount, the GIRO III and to make matters worse I sold about 8 TV eyepieces, Radian, Naglers, Panoptics and a couple of plossls. I couldn't see the point of having all this expensive gear when I never used it. Anyway we had a very nice family holiday that year, but perhaps Iceland isn't the best place to visit if you want to forget about a hobby you have persued on an off for 40 years when you have crystal clear skies and the northern lights every single night, a particularly good year apparently. Anyway I regreted it. I will never buy all that gear again, that ship has sailed. It is only recently I have started getting some half decent gear together again and I am content with what I have. Anyway you have been warned, you will regret it if you do...

The weather here is terrible this evening but I a small scope I can grab and have up on n AZ4 in no time, time enought to see if the whole of the Pleiades fits in the filed of view of my new TS Optics 30mm 2 inch ep, which it very easily does and a half hour lunar session. The best scope they say is the one you use the most, I fully intend to take every oppertunity I can. A short session is much better than no session at all. 

Edited by Carl Au