SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Back Viewing

mog3768

I will be back viewing the sun again ( if it decides to show itself ) but will be doing it remotely. Have checked out my Lunt LS60 PT and found like others on the forum  that the blue filter in the diagonal was cloudy. However an e mail to lunt  who put me in contact with Bressner resulted in a new filter free of charge. Have fitted the scope to a vixen bar and tube rings allowing me to fit a skywatcher  bracket and focus motor

to the bar, did try another motor with drive wheels and belt but it was not smooth enough. Will be using a ASI178mm camera will be able to set up just outside my warm room so will be out of the direct sun myself. So looking forward to some activity this year. Would be interested if anyone has a better way to motorize the focuser that is not to expensive, have just ordered a new mount so astronomy fund is low.

• Like 2

Thanks Merlin

Will experiment with what gear I have but any thing I come up with can only be fixed via a mounting bar as the Lunt scope does not have a means of fixing to it with out fear of damage.Thanks again for the info.