NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

huge phd2 problem

Well ive just fitted a rotator (to a setup thats worked great for some time)and made a few changes to my setup inc taking the backlash out of the mount,but now im struggling with guiding,im really struggling with the initial calibration,firstly it was only doing 3 steps but moving 50,then when i moved it to a different position it started to calibrate in good steps but it would move to say 4 then 6 then 4.3 then to 7 ect ,which is abnormal,set up the camera prefs again but still same,mount seems balanced just not sure where to go.Even altering the calibration steps didnt seem to make a difference,any help advice appreciated thanks.My scope is 580mm and oag cam 2.9 um

Untitled.thumb.jpg.4ba19d67f781fbd430a52804a58bbb82.jpg

Edited by iwols

1 hour ago, drjolo said:

In my experience 0.5x guide rate is a good starting point for HEQ5 and EQ6 mounts.

So do I have to set the 0.5 in both the phd2 advanced Guiding settings and in ascom pulse guide settings in eqmod as well, totally lost it cheers

35 minutes ago, iwols said:

So do I have to set the 0.5 in both the phd2 advanced Guiding settings and in ascom pulse guide settings in eqmod as well, totally lost it cheers

Yes, set it to the same guide rate in both ASCOM & PHD2, somewhere between 0.5 & 0.9 is normally good. You can start at 0.5 and see how it goes, then increase it later if you think it's needed. ;)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Budgie1 said:

Yes, set it to the same guide rate in both ASCOM & PHD2, somewhere between 0.5 & 0.9 is normally good. You can start at 0.5 and see how it goes, then increase it later if you think it's needed. ;)

Superb wlll try that, gives me some hope