NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Replace Dovetail on Bresser ar102/460xs

Hello

I noticed today that one of the screws holding the dovetail to the wedge has sheared off and it's stuck tight and not shifting unless i do a little diy. There is now some movement owing to just the one screw in place and i've never been that comfortable with the two thin screws holding the dovetail to the wedge. The bolt doesn't help when inserted as it falls into the wedge below the dovetail offering no additional hold.

Any ideas on what to replace this with something that would be a little more solid? Alternative dovetail bar or even tube rings - struggling with the latter as the available space to attach these is narrow and the size required.

I'm struggling with google as to an answer. Also a pic of the bolt that attaches the dovetail and wedge to the telescope again any idea of the size - i'm unsure if this is a standard size for a replacement dovetail bar? In the pic i've added it next to a 1/4 the best example i could think of.

Thanks for the advice you lovely people.

bolt.png

Edited by Dean Hale
spelling

37 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

Has the thread gone where the screw goes into or is the screw short and not catching. I don't know the size of the screw sorry. 

You could get some rings and put a normal synta dovetail on. 

The screw has completely snapped. I'd have to tap it etc to get it working. I agree and think rings is the way to go.

14 minutes ago, Ricochet said:

Did you buy this new and still have the original receipt? If so, you have a 10 year warranty and should contact Bresser, who will then repair it for you (or maybe just send you a new part).

Hi, yes i did buy from new. I didn't think of this. Thank you no harm in trying.

• Like 3

Back in business. Thought i'd update on the chance someone else may have the same scope and wish to add tube rings. Probably very obvious to most people but anyways.

Purchased Skywatcher 101mm tube rings and a short dovetail. and once you remove the badge/sticker/logo and reverse the finder bracket they fit perfect. Now have a handy ledge for the asiair and cable management using the 1/4 screw holes too.

PXL_20210209_154337918.jpg