NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Zwo asiair pro tablet advice

Hi, 

Hoping for some help from the collective brain. 

Not being overly techy, I'm a bit baffled as to what tablet to buy that would work well with the ZWO asiair pro. 

I'm considering the one below as it's just about the cheapest on Amazon with 4gb of ram (which I believe is the minimum???) 

Not too sure about the WiFi 2.3 or 5 not sure what that means??? 

Thanks for your help 

Simon 

Lenovo Tab M10 Plus 10.3 Inch FHD Tablet – (Octa-Core 2.3GHz, 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC, Android Pie) 

10 minutes ago, Simon Dunsmore said:

Hi, 

Hoping for some help from the collective brain. 

Not being overly techy, I'm a bit baffled as to what tablet to buy that would work well with the ZWO asiair pro. 

I'm considering the one below as it's just about the cheapest on Amazon with 4gb of ram (which I believe is the minimum???) 

Not too sure about the WiFi 2.3 or 5 not sure what that means??? 

Thanks for your help 

Simon 

Lenovo Tab M10 Plus 10.3 Inch FHD Tablet – (Octa-Core 2.3GHz, 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC, Android Pie) 

Any tablet should be fine. I use an old Hauwei P Smart to control my ASIAir Pro. The WiFi is pretty garbage on the Air Pro. 

2.3 or 5 ghz WiFi just is the speed. 5 is faster but has a shorter range. I've not found 2.3 to be slow, sometimes it takes a my oment to download an image from the ASI183 because they're large files. 

Without looking too deep into specs I reckon that tablet will be fine. The app only programs the ASIAir Pro and displays images from what I've seen 

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply. Do you know if there is any way of boosting the WiFi signal? 

Quick question, how do you find the ZWO asiair pro? Good, bad indifferent?

I was hoping having all the functions in one system would make things a little simpler. 

Thanks again 

Simon 

1 minute ago, Simon Dunsmore said:

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply. Do you know if there is any way of boosting the WiFi signal? 

Quick question, how do you find the ZWO asiair pro? Good, bad indifferent?

I was hoping having all the functions in one system would make things a little simpler. 

Thanks again 

Simon 

A lot of people suggested just using WiFi routers and boosters, like a box that bounces the signal further. 

I find it good. It's not the best thing since sliced bread as there's several features I would like to see added but apparently they're always updating it. 

It certainly does streamline using ZWO equipment though and everything is all on board so no need to run about looking for other softwares which is definitely convenient and can power lots of devices so again, it has that added benefit

• Thanks 1