Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Canon DRE 6 battery coupler for 60D

paulbromley9

Hi can anyone tell me what input voltage this adapter is looking for ? I have been unable to find an answer regarding the output of the relevant AC unit, but I have a variable dc output on my portable power unit. I have bought the Canon DR E6 dummy battery to clarify I have a variable dc output and the camera runs off 7.8v battery normally, I am unable to find out if the coupler has voltage reduction circuitry if you follow.

Any help appreciated ?

Thanks stay well all.

Paul.

The AC adaptor? If it's the output voltage of the Canon AC-E6 you are looking for, that's either 7.2v at 2 amp or 8v at 3amp.  There's a couple of different variations about.

Edited by BCN_Sean
Found two different variants of the same adaptor.

Hello Paul and welcome to SGL.

I think that the dummy battery may contain some basic protection circuitry and smoothing caps as well as a method to tell the camera that it a "battery", the standard operating range of canon cameras is around 7.2 V- 9 V  but most adapters are set around 8 V.  Make sure that the PSU can supply around 1.5 A though minimum.

Alan

Edited by Alien 13

Thank you I bought a Chinese copy and it won't work, I've just ripped it apart and saw there was some circuitry inside which I hadn't taken into account so wondered if my DC power set at 7.8v was insufficient. However I have now purchased the genuine one.

Thanks for the help appreciated .

Paul.