NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M1 CPC800 @ f10 Added a few Hours with Modded 350D

Psychobilly

It looks fine Peter, but I would like to see the comparisons in their stages, to guage the improvements gained by the additions of more data.

I thought you were going to have a bucketful of Kip. :mrgreen:

Ron. :(

Thanks Trudie,

I'm not that happy with it... I need to check the subs in both stacks as they were taken under less than ideal conditions but with the weather again this year ... beggars cant be choosers :) It's also needs tidying up or is that "manipulation" :(

The "close-up" is a crop combined in Registar which consists of 50m ISO1600 from the 1000D and 2h 6m ISO1600 from the modded 350D through CPC800 at f10 fitted with an Astronomik CLS-CCD clip in filter guided Meade DSI 2C through a 500mm f8 T-mount telephoto lens

The wide field is captured the same time through the Megrez72 FF III Hutech IDAS combo

and is a combination in Registar of 54m ISO800 from the moded 350D and 1h 36m ISO400 from the 1000D

Billy...

Thansk Neil,

It was really another test of the revised setup, I aligned through the DSLR's although thats much easier using the remote liveview on the 1000D I hadnt co aligned the 8", Megrez z2 and 500mm "guidescope" went back out at 5am this morning to do that so now the three scopes are co alinged within tiny ammounts and with the GLP i use for rough pointing whilst slewing...

Last night wasn't brill transparency wise and I haven't manually checked and culled the subs... also no flats darks bias etc...

I will sort out cleaning everything once the 1000D is modded this week :(

Billy...

Indeed MArting as its probably oversampeld to death... I wanted to get some before and afetr data for the 1000D as well as comparative data with the 350D ready for the impending surgery...

I also want to compare the IDAS and Astronomik filters ont he SCT with moded and un-modded DSLR's... cant say i'm taht impressed with the Astronimik CLS-CCD at the moment...So i might have to save up for another 2" IDAS...

Billy...

Thanks NC ,

I'm hoping that once the 1000D has been modded and I have settled on a LP filter to use with it that I can leave the imaging setup alone and concentrate on getting the best from it.

I also want to concentrate on learning to get the best fro DSS/CS and Registar which is the software I am hoping will let me combine data from the narrow and widefield setup along the lines of the of the stunning images that Olly is producing.

Combining the f10 M1 with the widefield one results in a 1339MB image :shock:

Billy...

Archived