NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My Lunar images from North Cornwall 21-1-21

AstroNebulee

Here are my first lunar images produced from finally getting my set up outside for the first time ever.  As in my observing thread I said I got my skymax 127 and az gti mount outside as this is more portable than my previous set up of sw explorer 150p eq 3-2 which I never got outside.  So I was like a child in a sweetshop when I was observing and imaging last night, though very basic imaging.  Some of the lunar images are better than others and not properly rotated to give the eyeball view. The close up views are with my zwo asi120mc planetary camera and the other from my canon dslr .  I know they aren't the best but I'm happy to start with and some interesting features I'm learning on the moon.  Clear skies.

Moon-19-39-45-21-1-21.jpg

Moon-19-41-06-21-1-21.jpg

Moon-19-44-36-21-1-21.jpg

Moon-19-47-30-copy.jpg

Moon-21-1-21--19-52-43.jpg

Moon-21-1-21-dslr colour2.jpg

Moon-21-1-21-dslr.jpg

Moon 19-46-20-21-1-21.jpg

• Like 12

Nice amount of detail! Its nice to have a break from this awful weather. I find very exciting going back to my book to identify the craters from some photos I take at the EP. Good job.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kon said:

Nice amount of detail! Its nice to have a break from this awful weather. I find very exciting going back to my book to identify the craters from some photos I take at the EP. Good job.

Thank you, definitely great to have a break in the weather to finally get some astronomy in.  I was busy looking through my copy of Turn left at Orion whilst processing these to see the names of the craters.  I can't wait to image the moon again in a slightly more increased phase for my favourite part the Bay of Rainbows. I've fallen back in love with the moon. Clear skies

Edited by LeeHore7

4 minutes ago, John said:

Some great detail there. You have caught the Haley Rille and the Apollo 15 landing site on one of them !

Thank you, as I said to Kon, I was busy looking through my turn left at orion book and saw that I got the Hadley Rile with Apollo 15's landing site and zoomed in as far as i could to view it.  So Happy to get that and the Alpine Valley.  Also Rupes Recta (straight wall) in another image.  Can't wait to image the moon again. Clear skies