NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Selling not only “products” but also “Reassurance” "Takahashi Seisakusho", Ltd

Fedele

Selling not only “products” but also “Reassurance”

2011, Itabashi Product Technology Award to "Takahashi Seisakusho", Ltd "We can offer our products with confidence and responsibility because we are able to complete every step by ourselves.” “We do not think that «selling is an end», but the relationship with our customers just starts from that point,” said Mr. Takahashi. said Mr. Tokio Takahashi, President of Takahashi Seisakusho, Ltd. Source: https://www.kaisyahakken.metro.tokyo.lg.jp/kigyou/takahashijapan/

L'immagine può contenere: 1 personaL'immagine può contenere: 1 persona

• Like 2

I think that everyone who buys from Takahashi feels they have an instrument that is just a little bit special. I'm sure the company takes its hard earned, privileged position at the top of the telescope world very seriously, after all, Tak make scopes that other manufactures try hard to emulate. And if you needed their help, I'm equally sure you'd receive it. The only difficulty being the language barrier and the fact your scope may need shipping back to Japan.  I don't know anyone personally who's needed to return their scope, but I seem to remember on CN some time back, where someone either suffered coating damage or bought a second-hand scope having coating damage; (no idea how that happened)!  They sent the scope to Takahashi, after waiting in silence for some time, they received their scope back in 'as new' condition. That's comforting! 

Edited by mikeDnight
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

I'm sure the company takes its hard earned, privileged position at the top of the telescope world very seriously, after all, Tak make scopes that other manufactures try hard to emulate. 

I hate to be a party pooper Mike, but it is possible there might be some telescope owners out there (not to mention a few telescope manufacturers) who may not agree with this.  

Happily,  I'm not one of them, as I couldn't afford any telescope even more expensive than a Takahashi -  however good it is 😄.

Surely the first and most important line of support is through the vendor from whom the scope was purchased ?

For new scopes at least.

I think Takahashi scopes are great, although I've only owned or used one example, but I don't want to put them on a pedestal. There are some other great manufacturers around as well.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, paulastro said:

I hate to be a party pooper Mike, but it is possible there might be some telescope owners out there (not to mention a few telescope manufacturers) who may not agree with this.  

Happily,  I'm not one of them, as I couldn't afford any telescope even more expensive than a Takahashi -  however good it is 😄.

Feel free to poop away Paul! ☺