Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Zwo Asi224mc not getting recognised

Peter_D

Hi,

I'm not having the greatest of experiences with Zwo today!

Thanks to some friendly help here, I was finally able to access the Asi camera drivers and installed them. I have also installed the Ascom drivers. I shutdown and restarted the laptop.

When I connect the supplied Usb3 cable from the Camera to the laptop, I hear the little 'connection jingle' but am seeing no update. The laptop is not recognising the camera.

I have a Dell Latitude E6440 running Windows 10. Carried out an update this morning.

I would really appreciate any pointers. I would be tearing my hair out at this stage but I don't have any left lol!

Thanks and Clear skies

Peter

What sort of update are you expecting the see?

Is the camera showing when you go into the Windows Device Manager? It should be in the "Imaging Devices" section and show as the camera make & model. 

If the drivers haven't installed correctly then it may show in "Other devices" and there will be a yellow triangle with the ! in the middle. If this is the case then double click on the icon to open an new window and click on the "Drivers" tab, then "Update Driver" button and point Windows to where the ASI driver file is located.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Budgie1 said:

What sort of update are you expecting the see?

Is the camera showing when you go into the Windows Device Manager? It should be in the "Imaging Devices" section and show as the camera make & model. 

If the drivers haven't installed correctly then it may show in "Other devices" and there will be a yellow triangle with the ! in the middle. If this is the case then double click on the icon to open an new window and click on the "Drivers" tab, then "Update Driver" button and point Windows to where the ASI driver file is located.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I see it now in Device Manager! Sorry, for some reason, I had expected it to appear in the Windows Explorer. And I see it in the documentation now too! Maybe I need some fresh air.

Ok, feeling a bit foolish now, thanks so much!

• Like 1