Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 1499 California Nebula

Chefgage

Managed to get 1 hr and 18 minutes of NGC 1499 California Nebula in Hydrogen Alpha before all hell broke loose with star trails, the object moving off out of frame and then star trails in the shape of question marks.  I had a few issues with power and cables deciding to wrap themselves around various parts of the rig. The framing was all wrong. It took me quite a while to find and frame the nebula that at that point I just wanted some data.  The nebula needs to be turned 90 degrees, that way I can fit it all in.

Equipment.

Modified Canon 200D, Star adventurer pro, Skywatcher ED72, Hydrogen alpha filter, Guided using ASIAIR pro.

39 Light frames. Exposure 120 seconds at ISO 1600.

Stacked in DSS and processed (quickly) in GIMP.

NGC 1499.png

Edited by Chefgage
  • Like 6

Had a bit of spare time so I decided to have another go at processing this data seeing as though I am destined for lots and lots more cloud over the next week.  Tried something different with my work flow. I think it looks better, still plenty of noise but from the small amount of data plus no darks this is to be expected.

NGC 1499_1.png