What is Backlash?

Astro_mark_c

1 hour ago, michael8554 said:

It all went pear-shaped when you switched to EQMOD with that low Guide Rate setting at 23:31 on the 11th.........

Your guidescope focus could be better, get the HFD figure in the Star Profile to lowest figure, about 3 to 4 pixels 

Look at these from the PHD2 Developers:

https://openphdguiding.org/phd2-best-practices/

https://github.com/OpenPHDGuiding/phd2/wiki/EQASCOM-Settings

Recalibrate at Dec 0 after nudging north as in the best practices, run the PHD2 Guide Assistant and accept the settings, guide for 10 minutes without altering anything, close PHD2, and post that log.

Michael

re the guide scope focus, i did try using the bahtinov focus part in SharpCap for focusing my guide scope, but it obviously needs more work!

Seemed to go better the second, 3rd and 4th time. This was the last assistant check.

will upload logs tomorrow. Seems my PA in SharpCap needs work as even though I got an Excellent when I set up by the end of the night when I put the telescope back into the home position it was Fair... so it’s shifted quite a bit!! 

just to be clear I only had to do the guiding assistant on my first attempt, the 2nd, 3rd and 4th time it worked first time. 

6D9C4122-1686-4D86-96E7-3D6A61704B1E.jpeg

Edited by Sidecontrol

• 10 months later...