Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQMOD and Sterallium

Astro_mark_c

Hi,

So successfully installed EQMOD last night while connected to my mount.  When i connect my mount via the toolbox UI the controller interface pops up, showing all the info of my mount, no errors all good.

The problem arises in Sterallium, I set up my telescope via the plugins tab.  I select ASCOM, give my telescope a name, then under ASCOM devices / settings (can't remember the name) I select the EQMOD telescope. all good so far,  the problem is when i go to connect, I get another EQMOD controller UI pop up stating Error: Port not found.  In the youtube tutorial i was following this didn't happen.  Any ideas how to fix this?

43 minutes ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

which version of Stellarium are you using ?  Is APT able to connect & control the mount ok?  and you're not trying to run any software in Administrator mode ?

I'll need to check the version of sterallium, but i installed it a week ago, yes I was able to control the mount in APT via ASCOM, the problems I seem to be having is with Sterallium.

Ah i don't run either software in Admin mode, 

The tutorial i was following for EQMOD told me to run toolbox in admin mode because i was finding i couldnt register etc.  So my EQMOD is ran via admin.

59 minutes ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

which version of Stellarium are you using ?  Is APT able to connect & control the mount ok?  and you're not trying to run any software in Administrator mode ?

Seems i installed Sterallium back in September, so it's out of date, woops! Will sort that at lunch-time. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Running anything in Admin mode, effectively 'ring-fences', prohibiting other software to interact ....

Solved my problem, I updated my Sterallium and also opened toolbox not in admin mode, when i connected my telescope in Sterallium everything was fine, click on a target and my scope moved to it, click park at home and my telescope went back to its home position. 

Thanks for the help.