SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Would this be good for powering my HEQ5?

First under the Hood:-

1610993854658.thumb.jpg.deeb761c1fc8d5b8ac9ca40e44852cd6.jpg

I Did say it wasn't very neat - I am ashamed of myself and will probably re-do it at some stage 🙂 
I printed a plastic strip that I put two M5 vee head screws through to make some terminals to connect all the +ive and -ive wires to but not really necessary if you solder wires rather than use spade conectors.

From the top - before I re positioned the volt meter / ammeter which like a numpty was positioned under the strap that holds it altogether.

1610993922899.thumb.jpg.e1c01a4337b6ddd734a2516727cd2589.jpg

And the circuit diagram that hopefully makes it look easier than the rat's nest shown above 🙂 

image.png.a45ffa1283ba281775e7ccd2c9a4b9da.png

PartsList:

Need 5 rocker switches - I found that ordering 10 was just as cheap as getting 5.

Need 4 connectors - 2 pin GX 16 panel mount These are what I used     BUT the box is quite thick and although I managed to get the nut on and just about tight enough to stop the plugs turning when attaching lead if I did it again I would order these Square Flange Plugs

Volt Meter / Ammeter  This is not the one I actually used but looks a lot shorter and will be easier to mount in the space.

Various spade connectors Red 4.8 mm  Blue 4.8mm  Red 6.3mm  Blue 6.3m  You need a crimping tool for these but you can solder the wires instead so would not need any crimps at all.

Hope this helps

Steve

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Hope this helps

Brilliant, thanks so much Steve for adding this extra detail and diagrams.  I'd been following this battery and box across this thread (and I think another) and the "under the hood" images and wiring diagram completed the picture in my head of the final product.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, geeklee said:

Brilliant, thanks so much Steve for adding this extra detail and diagrams.  I'd been following this battery and box across this thread (and I think another) and the "under the hood" images and wiring diagram completed the picture in my head of the final product.

No problem,glad to help, I owe it all to @SMF who helped me so much building mine 🙂 
That's the general idea of this forum, and how thankful I have been many times 🙂 

Steve

• Like 1