Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Takahashi FC-100DC finder scope?

Hello all,

Question - can a third party finder (or any non-OEM attachment for that matter) be used on Takahashi refractors? I have a new FC-100DC without a finder and I do have a 50mm Orion Guide Scope. Is it possible to use this on the Tak?

Thanks in advance.

I use a Skywatcher 6x30 RACI finder on my FC100-DL. It fits neatly into the Takahashi 30mm finder clamp.

The trick is to find a finder mount that will fit your finder and also can be fitted to the 2 holes on the Takahashi FC100. This is the Takahashi 50mm finder mount, it might fit your 50mm Orion guide scope ?:

https://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/takahashi-finderscope-bracket-for-7-x-50-finder.html

• Like 2

Another option is fabricate an aluminium spacer plate to fit under your finder shoe which is what I did on my Takahashi FS-60, it has the same finder bracket dimensions as your FC-100DC. See pictures below of a Skysurfer finder fitted to my FS-60.  

For my Tak FC-100DL I followed @John lead and fitted a Skywatcher 6x30 RA finder into a Tak bracket 

IMG_0991.jpeg

IMG_0992.jpeg

IMG_0993.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow these are awesome. Thank you so much for the images. They are very helpful! Great to know the Tak bracket holds other scopes, contrary to all the descriptions I've come across that infer that only a Tak finder scope would ever fit.