Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mono setup, budget up to £1500

rnobleeddy

Realise these threads may seem a little lazy but there's quite a lot of options so I'd value any opinions.

I've been using OSC cooled CCDs and a DSLR for about 6 months. Enjoying it but really like how the narrow band images look, especially the Hubble pallete, and I find myself using a dual band filter with the OSC more often than not. Live in bottle 5.  Scopes are a 130PDS and a 250PDS. Happy with the 130, yet to decide if the 250 is practical. Mount is an old EQ6 that guides ok. 

So looking at mono camera options. Budget is £1500 if I sell my current OSC cameras and filters.

Wondering what sensible options might be? Ideally, I'd like 

- as big a chip as possible - going from DSLR  to smaller chips has been painful so if I only have one camera, I'd guess 4/3" diagonal is the smallest I'd consider

- narrow band and lrgb filters

- it all to work with ekos/astroberry

- happy/eager to buy 2nd hand, not in a massive rush

A second hand asi1600 seems like it's stretch my budget but there's a qhy163m with filter wheel and all 7 filters (baader) within budget on ABS.

An older kaf 8300 should be in range, and I've seen the odd sxv with larger chips in the price range before. 

Other possibilities include just using the mono with narrow band and keeping the DSLR and a CLS filter (costing about £200 in lost sales) or just waiting to save some more money?