NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M31 20th Dec 2020 - Initial Processing Test - Updated V2

AndyThilo

Started acquiring data last night on M31. Plan is to get 16 hours or so broadband with a few hours Ha extra on top.

Last night was a decent start although cut short by high cloud at 11pm, it's probably the clearest consistent skies I've seen for a good while. Star count and HFR in NINA barely changed over the 3.7 hours of subs I got. I think my UV/IR was ok, but would be interesting to compare with my CLS-CCD. Loving the 268C, the background noise is far less than I had with the 294MC Pro.

Specs:

• 112 x 120s Lights - 3.7 hours
  • 40 x Darks
  • QHY268C @ -20
  • William Optics GT81 with Flat 6Aiii
  • QHY5iii462C Guide Camera with WO 50mm Slidebase
  • Stellardrive EQ6-R Pro 
  • Astronomik UV/IR Cut Filter
  • Bortle Class 4

50746323683_652f590fed_b.jpgM31 Andromeda V2 20-12-2020 by Andy Thilo, on Flickr

Edited by AndyThilo
  • Like 13

That's a really lovely image of M31, super smooth. I'd be tempted to try and enhance the colour a little bit but that's just personal taste. What are you using to process your data? Also, I notice you've had your EQ6-R Pro Stellardrive tuned and I was wondering if you would recommend it? Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• AndyThilo changed the title to M31 20th Dec 2020 - Initial Processing Test - Updated V2