Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

USB hub in ZWO ASI 183

Mr Thingy

I'm trying to piggyback my guide camera and EAF through the integrated USB hub on my ZWO ASI 183 GT but when linking everything up through the hub my computer won't detect the devices.

Does anyone have any experience of setting up like this and some ideas on how to detect the devices? Maybe there are some settings somewhere that I'm missing.

Setup and connection details:

- Camera connected to PC via USB 3

- Power to camera power input

- USB 2 leads from USB-out ports on camera connected to guide cam/EAF

- EAF powered from lead connected power-out on the camera

TIA

-Thingy-

I've used hub on my ASI1600 couple of times (for guide camera on OAG) - and while I was using only one device connected to it at the time - it worked without issues provided that you have enough power to the camera (I use 3A 12V) and that your USB cables are good quality ones.

USB hub won't work if you don't provide external power to the camera.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

I've used hub on my ASI1600 couple of times (for guide camera on OAG) - and while I was using only one device connected to it at the time - it worked without issues provided that you have enough power to the camera (I use 3A 12V) and that your USB cables are good quality ones.

USB hub won't work if you don't provide external power to the camera.

My USB cables are the stock ones. I expect it would be a good idea overall if I replace them with good quality ones.