NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Picked up Hobby after 15 yrs, Kenko Ultr op DH II stunning.

Hello everyone,

after 15 years it was time to pick up my love for Optics and the sky again.

After moving from one continent to another and losing all my optics, Meade, Williams, Vixen etc i sort of gave up on it.

Well, thats where a look trough the Kenko 10x32 Ultraview Op DH II made me buy it and voila renewed this hobby again.

And what i ca n say is, i wil be getting new scopes etc again, but.., this Kenko is stunning. No idea what they did with this bino ( or my lucky version maybe ) but i had now several ones testing it and all are in awe. No Chromatic on anything under a full sun shining on cars, metal roofs, trees etc. Pinpoint stars. Moon sharp with no edging or false color on it. Sharp it seems from edge to edge and true colors!

3d is like a very good porro if not better that amazed me even more so. Field curve is non existent no matter how i try.

The dielectric, phase coated optics etc and quality of everything fully kicks in and the 10x32 size is perfect for that. 

So i am just stunned, since i had many optics with ED in the past this one makes me wonder what they managed on this one. I know every piece is individual tested and numberd etc and Kenko is know for high quality, but this? Wow. 

Now the real treat, i managed to get 2 Swarovski doublers to try out on it and this is where the view gets it seems even better and 70% sharp from the middle showing on 20x the details on the planets. Small but sharp to see the details.

Only thing missing? Tripod connection misses so had to improvise by connecting the Bino with a wrap to the adapter.

So my renewal of my love for optics started with a the Kenko and for 149 Euro in discount cause holliday sales i could not have spent it better on any other bino.

If you ever get the chance to try, highly yes from me. Dont be mistake by the older version of this the DH only, forget that one if you still see thag one anywhere.

With the doublers, stargazing in compact yet full quality effect. 

Now i am like what i do next? Get their Ed versions? A small Williams 61 apo? Or stick with my Kenko and the Doublers on it and take it a step further and get 4x Leica zeiss doublers?

40x on it now that would be something to post and show here.

Everyone, stay safe and stay dark 🙂.

S.J.

IMG_20201219_123752.jpg

IMG_20201219_123422.jpg

IMG_20201219_143846.jpg

Edited by Purplegazer7
  • Like 2

Welcome SJ.

Nice review of an interesting binocular.

I must say i'm tempted, and i have a passion for binocular viewing.  I wonder how they compare to my Canon is 10x30s ?

I see they also do an 8x30 version as well.........

(Let me check the credit card balance.......)