Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

APO Refractor Recommendations

I ended up going a slightly different way (and forgoing a larger frac), by doing more research on all the FOV's I wanted from the set up - which is also a camera consideration as well as a FL consideration, of course.

Kept budget about the same but decided to upgrade cameras too.

I am also keeping my C9.25, for planets mainly, but also longer FL deep sky (when I am a bit more experienced).

For refractors I went with a WO GT-71 triplet and a TS-90mm F6.6 triplet, but then added a QHY294m Pro & QHYCFW3 filter wheel combo and a QHY294c Pro OSC.  I think these scopes at 336 and 600 focal lengths will give me a good basis for learning more as opposed to struggling with the longer FL set up.

I am going to mount all 3 scopes at the same time.

Some of the gear is still to be delivered.

It means my FOV's with all 3 scopes that will be mounted will give FOVs of :

fov.thumb.JPG.50e8ec7ef1ba8714b04925694f771b93.JPG

Hard to get out of the research phase and just get on with making a decision (lots of threads here and also on CN helped), but now everything is ordered or delivered I am happy with the choices. 

Just looking forward to being set up and getting going!

Edited by JayStar

I hope you read about the issues with the Ioptron Cem120EC/2 mounts. But as your using wide field refractors you should be ok. But once you get above 12" this is where the issues could start depending on your FOV and arc sec resolution.