Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

synscan az

5 hours ago, Red baron said:

Looking for some  help is there a company or any one out there who can up date  frame wear and check it out for me  in east Yorkshire  thanks 

Do you mean Firmware?

What seems to be the problem? - Are you referring to the Handset firmware or the motor controller firmware of a goto system ? - If you have damaged the motor controller and the handset is giving something like "both axis no response" then the micro controllers or blocking diodes on the communication port have been damaged and will need replacing.  This can be done (currently repaired three dobsonian boards), but needs a PIC programmer.

Post  up what exactly is the issue and what you are looking for because as it stands your post is a little vague

25 minutes ago, Red baron said:

yes its a synscan unit the i have not bough a controller as yet going to get a gt1 the hand set says it ver1.7 wanted make sure it worked before investing in the controller the firmware also on switch on says 3.09 thanks

OK you have a synscan handset, but no motor controller etc as you are going to use a 3rd party  unit ( I have no idea what a GT1 is) ??.   If its a version 3 (which as its reporting 3.09 and already has the 1.74 bootloader installed I would believe this to be the case based on the info you gave), 4 or 5 then these can be upgraded with firmware from the Skywatcher website using their own PC application using a Skywatcher PC-Direct cable  http://skywatcher.com/download/software/synscan-v3-hand-controller-firmware/  If you don't have a cable then contact First Light Optics who should be able to provide one for the handset at a reasonble price.

13 hours ago, Red baron said:

yes its a synscan unit the i have not bough a controller as yet going to get a gt1 the hand set says it ver1.7 wanted make sure it worked before investing in the controller the firmware also on switch on says 3.09 thanks

What mount/motors are you going to use the Synscan handset and GT1 controller with ?

I agree with Peter, we need to know what your overall goal is.  What mount to you intend to use the handset and GT1 with.  At £350 for the box and two stepper motors it might be cheaper to purchase any Skywatcher goto upgrade that doesn't need to be programmed with configuration data ?