Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ccd camera to eyepiece projection

si717

iam thinking of getting a colour planatary imaging camera moving from dslr
and i was wondering about eyepiece projection as ive had problems with barlow

i have the eyepiece extentions and i have a mono guide cam ive tried to see if it will connect to one

and im at a loss and wondering if anyone would know of any adapter i can ue to connect the  ccd cam to eyepiece projecton adapter which normally has the dslr mount on that unscrews and i cant seem to find an adapter to connect the 2 so m42 to ccd any ideas

many thanks

Edited by si717

16 hours ago, si717 said:

iam thinking of getting a colour planatary imaging camera moving from dslr
and i was wondering about eyepiece projection as ive had problems with barlow

i have the eyepiece extentions and i have a mono guide cam ive tried to see if it will connect to one

and im at a loss and wondering if anyone would know of any adapter i can ue to connect the  ccd cam to eyepiece projecton adapter which normally has the dslr mount on that unscrews and i cant seem to find an adapter to connect the 2 so m42 to ccd any ideas

many thanks

What telescope do you have and what are the problems you are experiencing with a barlow ?

1 hour ago, Cornelius Varley said:

What telescope do you have and what are the problems you are experiencing with a barlow ?

im findng with a barlow the screen goes black ,i havent had chance to get out and test the barlow with an eye piece yet
but i did try out eye piece projectionwith dslr with a 20mm eye piece lastnight with better results i could find the target

the telescopes im findng with a barlow the screen goes completly black and ive tried all different settings ,i have the TS-Optics 6" f/12 Classic Cassegrain

many thanks

2 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

This is probably due to the small field of view, if the planet isn't in the field of view of the sensor you won't see it, it might be just off the sensor.

its early days a new scope so trying to get to grips with it and  planetary imagings new to me also ,i will keep trying weather depending

many thanks