NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M42 & M43 North Cornwall UK 25-11-20

AstroNebulee

Here is an image of the Orion nebula M42 and M43 from North Cornwall last week it comprises of around 70 lights, 10 darks, 10 flats and 10 bias frames I think. Canon 450d iso 1600 6 seconds untracked prime focus through skywatcher explorer 150p eq3-2, the moon was providing a bit of glow. Stacked in dss and tweaked in ps and starnet++

Orion-25-11-20-6-sec-fin.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Allinthehead said:

Nice catch, love the deep red colour of the nebula.

10 minutes ago, MartinB said:

That's rather nice.  Lovely process with the core well controlled.

Thank you, it's definitely my best so far and only 6 second subs untracked, can't wait to get longer subs (I'd love to get 30 seconds to 1 minute subs) when tracking with my scope outside. As these were taken through my bedroom window where my scope is set up at the moment and can't polar align properly as I can't see polaris. 

I controlled the core but creating a starless copy of the image in starnet ++ and then using the pen tool in ps to draw around the core and then just altered that with curves adjustment. Still new to all this but loving it when the images look better than my last. Clear skies 🌌📷🔭

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MartinB said:

Keep up the good work Lee, enthusiasm is the key to progress!

Thank you Martin, the enthusiasm is still there I'm even if it's cloudy here, I've still morecdata to go through from that week when it was nice and clear for a few nights, so plenty to keep busy with for a bit, but would like clear skies soon