NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Unable to connect to mount in PHD2 through EQDIR cable

Hey,

I am unable to connect to my HEQ5 in PHD2. What I have installed already: ASCOM (Platfor 6.5SP1), EQMOD (ASCOMPAD_V209) and Sky-Watcher ASCOM driver. Every time I try to connect I am getting error "ASCOM driver problem during connection: (ASCOM: Utilities) Element PortName can't be empty. When I try to choose it in setup field is empty. Whichever number I try to type there I am getting same error.

Btw. on some YT tutorials I have seen that on drop down menu as mount there should be visible "EQMOD ASCOM HEQ5/6", but I can't see it despite EQMOD (ASCOMPAD_V209) is installed. I use EQDIR cable plugged in hand controller port.

Please advise me guys! Thanks!

phd2.JPG

No, not the ASCOMPAD which is just an application, but the actual EQASCOM driver from my previous link.

Once you have the correct driver installed, the mount port should show up in the list of COM ports (usually COM3).

Edited by KP82
  • Like 1

@KP82 thank you. A step forward. Now I can see EQMOD ASCOM HEQ5/6 on drop down list in PHD2, but I am getting Connect Error: Time Out.

Przechwytywanie.JPG.cf95d2a5781db3afa7d82c2eb2366d2d.JPG

I Have tried to manually select com3 port. No luck. Same with autodetect (binocular icon).

Przechwytywanie.JPG.b8b3414db5ce33ad7aee116e6843621a.JPG

ps. in device manager/another devices I can see TTL232R as unrecognized device which I guess is EQDIR cable/mount.

Przechwytywanie.JPG.829203c41283ba4e0dce7af3a5cd5f67.JPG

Edited by raf2020

2 minutes ago, raf2020 said:

There is no dummy questions when you deal with newbie ;) Mount is on and handset is unplugged as it is EQDIR/EQMOD connection type.

Sorry, I read it as the cable was connected to the hand controller.

Have you tried a different USB port? Sometimes these things can be fussy. My PC will only recognise my mount in one USB port.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, KP82 said:

You need to install the USB ftdi driver. Then the unknown device would turn into a COM port.

Could you please advise which one? You think it is the causa of my connection problem? Thank you.

Edit: I have installed CDM v2.12.28 WHQL Certified and..... it seems that I am connected :D Thank you very much @KP82! I needed to set up same baud rate in new com3 virtual device and eqmod driver. But now seems to be fine.

Edited by raf2020
  • Like 3