NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ed Ting's youtube channel

badhex

Hello all,

Several years (decades) late to the party discovering Ed Ting, but I have been watching a few of his great videos over the last few weeks and then did some research to find that he has been a huge deal in the astro community for years and must be very well known, especially to the more well established astronomers among you. I also read that he'd been very prolific writing excellent reviews, but had some trouble with a manufacturer who took legal action and he went quiet for a few years which seems like a huge shame. Does anyone know what happened there? 

Regardless, he's back now and I was massively surprised to find that despite his long standing presence, his astro videos are pretty much all within the last four months, and he only has 1200 subscribers, so I thought it might be nice to give him a few more subs in the spirit of the community :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/edting/featured

• Like 3

I've been reading Ed Ting's reviews for around a decade I think. He and Todd Gross used to be my "go to" websites for information and viewpoints on equipment.

Ed ran into some trouble over a review the he did on a piece of optical equipment which was rather negative. It turned out that he had not installed it according to the manufacturer's instructions and the manufacturer challenged him regarding the review. He published a correction but was rather shaken up by the incident so withdrew from posting reviews for a while. 

It's good to see that he is doing reviews and posting them on the web again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

He published a correction but was rather shaken up by the incident so withdrew from posting reviews for a while. 

It's good to see that he is doing reviews and posting them on the web again.

Ah, poor Ed. He seems like such a lovely chap. Anyway like you said I'm glad he's back and making content!