SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astroart 4 - a problem to be aware of.

As some of you will be aware, I've been having difficulty with AA4 saving 16 bit images in the incorrect format, making them look very odd, and difficult to further process in Photoshop.

Saving them as 8 bit in AA4, resolved the problem, but of course threw away half of the data (detail), so not a sensible option really.

When I upgraded from AA3 to AA4, (AA3 did not have 16 bit capability), I did so via a dowloadable upgrade.

I now find that the problems I've been experiencing, were directly related to shortcomings in this upgrade software, and that a later service pack (SP), was released to correct these shortcomings.

I have now dowloaded and installed this SP, and it has corrected the problems. :)

So, if you use a 16 bit camera, and AA4 to process the images, make sure that you have SP2 installed!!.

If you use an 8 bit camera, you wouldn't be aware of the problem, but its worth downloading and installing SP2 anyway.

Dave

Archived