NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SW AZ GTI WIFI freeplay

bomberbaz

Hello all.

I have been using a Gti Wifi mount in EQ mode to do some simple imaging or EEVA and thus far it has served me well. However now the mount has a little freeplay in the AZ axis (RA in EQ mode), when I say a little I would say its over 1 degree of extra movement.

The problem this causes is accuracy has gone to pieces 

I am pretty sure it is out of warranty so I either fix it or I will have to look at an alternative mount. 

So has anyone had one to bits and can tell me how to tighten up the AZ axis please because as it is it is next to useless.  

Cheers

Steve

Jut tried to do the above, the spring screw with the little nut has a sheared head, I applied next to zero pressure and it went. I am going to ask a friend to have a look for me. I am not very good with things like this at all. 

Hope you get it sorted Steve, out of interest ... there are two theories here, 1 is to leave very slightly loose so the spring pulls the worm against the larger gear or 2 to tighten down at the best balance of 'tight against the gear but not too tight'

My vote would be 1 - but I'm still not too sure as mine is now like this but I'm sure I had better results when it was on method 2 🙂

Thoughts please ?

12 hours ago, knobby said:

Hope you get it sorted Steve, out of interest ... there are two theories here, 1 is to leave very slightly loose so the spring pulls the worm against the larger gear or 2 to tighten down at the best balance of 'tight against the gear but not too tight'

My vote would be 1 - but I'm still not too sure as mine is now like this but I'm sure I had better results when it was on method 2 🙂

Thoughts please ?

Someone has had a look at mine  and added another spring but I haven't got it back to pass comment, I shall let you know what I fiind out. 

• Like 1