Weird error message in Autostakkert

Moonshed

I have previously had no problem in opening my avi files for stacking in AutoStakkert but this was before I knew about debayering. Since I have done this in FireCapture and managed to get some decent colour into my Mars AVIs I have been unable to open any of them in AutoStakkert. What’s more I can’t now even open the previous ones that were not debayerd and previously opened up no problem. This is the error message that appears every time I try to open any AVI, debayered or not.

All AVIs created in FireCapture.

I can’t make head nor tale of it so if anyone has any idea what I am doing wrong I would appreciate some advice before I take a 10 lb sledge hammer to my laptop. It’s been a bit of a week!

A9A33976-D8DC-45AB-87D9-CD6A4932BC70.jpeg

Edited by Moonshed

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

Can you not capture SER files ?

Dave

Yes I can do that but the problem I had was that Autostakkert would not open ANY avi file, regardless of format. Doesn’t matter now because I sorted it out.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Merlin66 said:

Can you share what you did to solve the problem??

Yes of course. The problem began when I first downloaded Autostakkert because I was tired and lazy so had it unzip to my desktop, never a good idea! After a week or so of experimenting and getting the hang of things I decided it was time to unclutter my desktop, junk folders everywhere. So I trashed all the stuff I didn’t need. Unfortunately, amongst all the rubbish I trashed was a strange little icon that said “sharpen-filter”, never even noticed it before and that went as well. It transpired that it was an essential piece of software needed to run Autostakkert and without it no files could be opened. 
I did not realise any of this until as a last resort I decided to uninstall it and download and install it again, that’s when the funny little icon popped up again. This time I filed it safely away in its correct home.

No problems since then.

Edited by Moonshed
  • Like 1