NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Storage Ideas

Hi I'm looking for some storage ideas for keeping my equipment safe but easily accessible. Its for storing my eyepieces,dslr and guide cam along with fittings for my scope and mount. Cables etc. I would like a trolley like solution but something that has multiple compartments. Either a toolbox or vanity trolley? Anyone use anything like this? TiA

I use a photography carry case with the foam cube cut out base to store all my eyepieces, filters, Barlow, right angle viewer, telextender, Easy Guider and bits and bobs. I know it’s more expensive than some hobby boxes or tool boxes but I’ve had mine for 30 years and it’s still perfect for keeping all my valuable telescope accessories safe and easy to transport and store away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A flight case with pluck foam is fairly standard for eyepieces, much easier than trying to cut out shapes for your eyepieces from solid foam.  I'd suggest going for one a step above the cheapest available, I paid about £25 for mine if I recall and it's served me well for over ten years with no sign of weakening.

I use an array of smaller metal cases, some are vanity cases, all in the 'flight case' style and solidly built, for mount accessories such as handset, cables, counterweight, red dot finder, etc.

For larger items I use a Curver plastic trunk with hinged / removable lid, it has wheels at one end so can be dragged if necessary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1