Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Halloween's O-rings

Hanah

Hi all,

I've recently got a few of the 90's Celestron Halloween eyepieces from different sellers (see picture below) and have a questions regarding differences between the eyepieces.

The 7.5, 17, and a 26mm all have O-rings. The second 26mm I've got (think they make a nice pair for bino-viewing) doesn't have this ring, and the cap is screwed tight so the groove is closed. Also, the lettering on this one is a more dark shade of red than the others. Can anybody tell me if this is an earlier/later production of the same eyepiece, and if it originally shipped without the O-ring?

The 32mm is also missing the ring, but the groove is there. I guess I'll just try to find a proper ring to put there. Anybody some info on the sizes of rings used, AS (American Standard) probably?

Regards,

Han

DSC_1279.JPG

• Like 1

The o-ring is there because, if I recall correctly, the same eyepiece was sold by several companies and the only difference was the outer barrel, which is just a sleeve threaded onto the upper section from the bottom.

The manufacturer just threaded different sleeves on the eyepieces to make different brands.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...