Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Asi 183mm First Light - Bubble Nebula SHO

Mr_42tr0nomy

Hey Everyone!

I hope everyone is having a great week/weekend so far. I have been lucky enough to have 5 clear nights in a row! I was finally able to test out my new asi183mm with my 10" Newtonian. I traded my asi1600 for the asi183 has it paired really well with my newt for a really nice high resolution imaging rig sitting at .50"/pixel.! It will also pair really well with my refractors.

For my first image I chose to shoot the Bubble Nebula. This one has always been a favorite of mine, especially with longer focal lengths. I gathered a total of 34 hours on this one. These are rather large crops as I am still working on the widefield versions. I've always wanted to capture the central star forming regions. Such a fascinating object.

Below are two version, one in the classic SHO Palette and the other in a orange/blue bi color palette. Both images consist of all three filters. I cannot much decide which I like more.. creative decisions.. I hope you all enjoy!

Clear Skies,

Equipment:
CEM60
10" F/3.9
asi183mm
Astrodon 3nm SHO
ZWO EAF
ZWO FW
ZWO OAG

bubble nebula quattro SHO crop SHO version.jpg

bubble nebula quattro SHO crop HOO version.jpg

• Like 20